Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wyatt's Green Thumb



Last May Wyatt brought home "the end of the year plastic cup with a green weed in it" from school. All my kids have brought these home and they are put on the counter and ignored until someone finally throws them away. This one that Wyatt brought home had a really nasty smell to it so I told him to put it out on the back porch (to be ignored). Towards the end of June I was out in our front yard planting my "MOTO MARINE" garden when Jensen said, "Let's plant Wyatt's plant!" I told him to go ahead because I figured the thing was already dead. Jensen and Wyatt planted the brown, shriveled up weed. Much to my surprise the weed actually started to become green. This made the boys really happy and they started watering it and talking to it. Pretty soon Wyatt's weed was growing more flowers than mine. Now it is October and this is what Wyatt's weed looks like.



This is my "MOTTO MARINE" garden. I'm so proud of Casey that I want everyone to know. And because I have never grown anything in my life. I can't even keep houseplants alive.



1 comment:

Becky aka tata! said...

Isn't it crazy how when we haven't been able to grow things all our life, now all of sudden we can!! I can so see "Wydatt" and Jensen talking and watering the plant!!