Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update on Casey

I finally got a call from Casey. He is in Twentynine Palms CA for some special training before being deployed to Afghanistan. He told me he is being sent to Nuristan. I didn't really understand what he is going to do there except to advise somebody on something. Boy I listen good don't I??? For his pre-deployment leave he will be in Vegas in about a week and then he will be coming up to Utah. He will fly from Salt Lake back to Okinawa and he will be deployed around the end of November from there. Joe and I are very nervous about him going. We've read that the area he is going to a highly active war area. We are so proud of him! In so many ways he is still the same Casey, but there are some signs that he has matured :) (In truth, he has really matured)

2 comments:

Angela said...

He really has matured? Do you recall the Guitar Hero incident? Gotta love Casey!

Princess and the Five Beasts said...

Ok, point taken. I try and block out certain images of Casey and focus on the "mature" ones :)