Saturday, October 4, 2008

Boring Weekend, but Good News

I have to say that this weekend was really boring. First of all it was raining. Ok, I know we need the moisture, but my kids don't play outside and that means they are inside driving me crazy. Second, no church due to General Conference, therefore I had no primary lesson to do and why would I do next weeks lesson a whole week in advance. I would ruin my routine of doing it 12 hours before church starts. Third, there was nothing on TV. However, it was a weekend for good news. My good friend Becky in Boulder City has been trying to adapt three little girls for years now. They had been given the right to adapt two of them previously, but the Dad of the one of them was not getting it that she was better off with Becky and Eric. Finally on Friday, he gave up his rights and they are now ready to go ahead with the adaption of all three. I cried when I got the text because these little girls are meant to be with Becky and Eric. I saw them when they first came to live with them as foster children. Then last year I was in Boulder City and went to visit. Those little girls had just blossomed under the care of Becky and Eric. I am so happy! Then today I got a text from my friend Rachel. She had her first baby. A little girl named Holly and mom and baby are doing good. Hopefully I'll get to see them soon.



This is Becky and the girls at a ward Christmas party. Aren't they cute??!!!

1 comment:

Becky aka tata! said...

How sweet! Thank you. I am still can't believe we don't have to fight anymore. WOW, look at how little they were. We had only had them 4 months when that was taken!!